In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1escalera mecánica femenino
- I managed to step aside so that I could descend the escalator several steps behind them.
- Images submitted to the committee show a modern open-plan mall on two floors with escalators and coffee shops.
- The idea of having all parking underground, connected directly to the shops by lifts and escalators, works well elsewhere in this country and abroad.
- It will also have 12 lifts and 22 escalators to whisk cinema-goers from the bottom to the top of the building in only seven minutes.
- Take the escalator to the third floor for all the photographic equipment.
- Can you imagine what it would be like to step onto an escalator for the first time when you were an adult?
- The two pass each other briefly on an escalator leading to a public bathroom.
- What drives me crazy are the people who step off the escalator and then just stand there.
- Even if you can't get out to walk, bike or swim, take stairs instead of elevators and escalators.
- Again elevators, escalators, and stairs are available to move from one level to the next.
- They went up the escalator to the second floor and found themselves in the electronics department.
- Hayley stopped on the top step of the escalator, trying not to sound as confused as she felt.
- We arrived at the department store and made our way, on the escalators, to the top of the building, which was partly under construction.
- We made our way up the escalator to the restaurant on the top floor, admiring the breathtaking view as we ascended.
- Vicki stepped off the escalator, waited for him to do the same, and then motioned ahead.
- Sunlight streamed into the building illuminating the two escalators in the center of the large foyer.
- The train station is underneath the terminal so you just descend to the platforms by escalators or lifts.
- The station will see an upgrade, with more parking spaces, escalators, more lifts, a new travel centre and new lounges.
- Other improvements are planned, including elevators and escalators designed to make it easier to get in and out.
- By 4.12 pm, they were on the escalator to the first floor of the ladies' department.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.