In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Reluctant to accept responsibility, you have tendencies toward escapism.
- For an industry that relies on escapism, necessary caution has already brought an irrevocable change.
- It is also clear that, although they may claim to offer escapism, most computer games reflect the capitalist society they are produced in.
- Stories have a variety of functions in our culture, from pure escapism to vehicles for personal growth or social reform.
- Thus it suggests a volatile mix of resentment, escapism and childlike fantasy.
- There was some fantasy, some escapism and a lot of joy in performing for my parents and my friends in school plays.
- The four of you have based your performances on the laudable premise of entertainment & escapism.
- Understandably, cinema is a popular form of escapism in this troubled country for those who can afford it.
- His films do not pander to escapism or to the audiences settled expectations about entertainment.
- While commonplace wisdom spurns escapism, practical experience sometimes calls for it.
- There certainly seems to be a streak of fantasy or perhaps escapism involved.
- Some people just go to movies for escapism and they want the illusion it's some reality unfolding in front of their eyes.
- It has an element of fantasy and escapism, which has led viewers to say it depicts some kind of extreme.
- It was sheer fantasy, sheer escapism.
- Entertainment provides escapism, even happiness for a lot of people.
- Imagination is not simply a daydream or idle escapism, but rather an empowering force.
- This is definitely a novel I would recommend if you are looking for a few hours of entertaining escapism.
- The series was pure escapism and unashamedly exploited a fantasy.
- On one level his writing is pure escapism - adventure stories laced with magic, witchcraft and fantasy.
- When I go to a big summer blockbuster, I expect pure escapism.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.