In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Even Christian eschatology and theology stood against this perception.
- Topics include his exegesis, Mary and the incarnation, divinization and eschatology; but the Trinity and the Holy Spirit are the constant background.
- Theology has often ‘used eschatology to move into speculations about a virtual reality, something that science will not readily accept.’
- Are we to dismiss Paul's words on the grounds that his understanding of eschatology, his thinking about final things and the end times, was off by a few thousand years?
- One does not have to read very deeply in the scholarly literature on eschatology, the gospels, or Christology before running into the writings of Richard Bauckham.
- The theological mainstream had absorbed eschatology long before the terrorist assaults on the United States on September 11, 2001.
- Third, fundamental to the whole project is the sense that Christology, particularly the death and resurrection of Christ, provides the key to eschatology.
- The purpose of marriage is to glorify God as is taught by creation, redemption and eschatology.
- The theses themselves have already alluded to a number of standard headings within Christian systematics - grace, sacraments, soteriology, eschatology.
- This raises issues of prophecy and destiny, taking us into speculative realms that are properly the domain of philosophy and theology, especially that branch of theology known as eschatology, dealing with death and the last things.
- Not only does it make us reconsider the task of natural theology, it influences such topics as creation, eschatology and the problem of evil.
- This comprises outlines of the teaching on the persons of the Trinity, eschatology, eternal life, witness, and so forth.
- Even Mahavira and Buddha agreed that there could be no final answers to some of the difficult questions of cosmology, ontology, theology, and eschatology.
- Cyberspace creates a fine line between science fiction and popular theology, especially eschatology.
- For it is only out of the revelatory claims of Scripture that eschatology arises as a theological topic and as an assumption about reality that requires faith to engage with science to get some sense of the ending.
- My own views on various matters have changed over the years as I have learned more (notably, where eschatology is concerned), so an education from a worthwhile source is always welcome.
- His convictions are ‘that eschatology is profoundly important, that the eschatological system of the Bible is basically simple, and that popular views of prophecy today are profoundly unbiblical’.
- Horton claims, further, that Pauline eschatology not only avoids Nietzsche's and Derrida's critiques of dualism, but also gives theology an intelligible way of talking about eschatology.
- Theologically our age has been marked by a rediscovery of eschatology as more than just ‘last things.’
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.