In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1femenino fundaciónfemenino instauraciónmasculino establecimientomasculino establecimientomasculino creación
- Do you support the establishment of a Palestinian state?
- Cosgrove thanked the previous committee for their work and strongly recommended the establishment of a new committee.
- Does your party support the establishment of a criminal tribunal to investigate and prosecute crimes against humanity in East Timor?
- The party also opposes the establishment of a separate Tamil state and the various devolution packages.
- China is advocating the establishment of a free-trade zone encompassing China and ASEAN.
- Last week councils welcomed the establishment of the commission.
- Preventing the establishment of a state religion is quite clearly a permissible goal under Locke.
- In 1917 the British issued the Balfour Declaration, which advocated the establishment of a Jewish state in Palestine.
- He advocated the immediate establishment of an ad hoc reform committee.
- The Council recommended the establishment of an independent tribunal, plus further rights of appeal.
- Wahid proposed the establishment of an independent monitoring commission to work toward peace, but was ousted in July 2001.
- On 17 August 1945 they heard a radio message from Jakarta announcing the establishment of the Republic of Indonesia.
- Bush also proposed the establishment of a democracy fund within the U.N. in an effort to spread democracy and stability.
- Other key pledges include the establishment of crime prevention funds for various neighbourhoods.
- The plan proposes the establishment of a new village centre at The Quay.
1.2(of criteria, relations)establecimiento masculino
2(club, hotel, shop)establecimiento masculinomilitary establishments — instalaciones militares
3.1(people who preserve the accepted order)the Establishment — el establishment
- before noun Establishment attitudes/values — las actitudes/los valores de la clase dirigente
3.2(ruling group)the literary establishment — las figuras consagradas del mundo literario
- the medical establishment — el establishment dentro de la profesión médica
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.