In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1limpieza étnica femenino
- Both have been involved in sectarian murders and ethnic cleansing.
- Four years after the cessation of fighting, ethnic cleansing remains an intractable problem.
- It would lead to a wave of expulsions, ethnic cleansing and regional conflicts.
- He accelerated his policy of ethnic cleansing as soon as the war began.
- Now the regime is perpetrating massacres and ethnic cleansing in two new areas of the country.
- Amnesty International is concerned that the offensive looks like ethnic cleansing.
- As the civil war raged and pogroms ensued, ethnic cleansing on a monumental scale created millions of refugees.
- The prosecutors in the Hague need to prove that he knew of and approved the killings and ethnic cleansing.
- What if the side on whose behalf we bomb urban areas subsequently commits ethnic cleansing under our military protection?
- The Genocide Museum is a memorial to the victims of ethnic cleansing.
- Such a structure would only entrench current divisions and might even lead to ethnic cleansing.
- Before comparisons can begin, however, we must examine what ethnic cleansing means.
- The horror of ethnic cleansing was shown on TV screens across the world last week.
- This remains one of the most heinous acts of ethnic cleansing in human history.
- In certain limited cases, such as genocidal massacre or ethnic cleansing, other states have a responsibility to step in.
- And moving forces into Sudan to stop ethnic cleansing and genocide is not imperialism.
- There is no genocide, no ethnic cleansing and no murder of the scale that outsiders allege.
- Non-intervention in the face of mass murder or ethnic cleansing is not the same as neutrality in time of war.
- When in Chad, the mission interviewed refugees who escaped alleged ethnic cleansing.
- The same mechanism is involved in all pogroms, all ethnic cleansing, and all wars.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.