In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(origin) origen étnico masculino(identity) identidad étnica femenino
- The findings, in terms of ethnicity and social class differences, are stark.
- Race, class, and ethnicity continue to play an overwhelming role in national life.
- They were people of all races, religions, ethnicities, and social origins.
- The labor force has always been divided on the basis of race, ethnicity, and gender.
- They reflect the increasing importance of ethnicity in national and local politics.
- They're too busy glugging pints to care what color, nationality or ethnicity their next door neighbor is.
- Korea is one of the few countries in which ethnicity and nationality coincide.
- Cultural identity is commonly defined in terms of nationality rather than ethnicity.
- We would hope that they would be of the same race or ethnicity as the person they are observing.
- Beneath the all important religious divisions lurked anxieties about nationhood and ethnicity.
- The federal workforce is also as diverse as the public as a whole in terms of ethnicity and gender, though it is better educated.
- Most of my friends are of different ethnicities, religions and nationalities.
- When immigrants express such extremist views, they feel the land belongs to them by virtue of their ethnicity.
- Despite the emphasis on nationalism, ethnicity is still a force in Namibian society.
- It will also be stimulating for readers interested in ethnicity, identity, and the creation of empires.
- The human family encompasses a rich diversity of ages, genders, ethnicities, abilities and sexual orientations.
- The HIV epidemic is no longer a matter of ethnicity or sexuality - now it's a gender issue.
- It has always been accepted in New Zealand that people can decide their ethnicity themselves.
- Cultural history has also joined with social history to stimulate new thinking about ethnicity and gender.
- Their membership has become more balanced in terms of gender and race or ethnicity.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.