In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Petaurids feed on insects and on the sap and gum of eucalypts and acacias.
- I will not mention all of them, but a lot of native species, eucalypts, wattles, and quite a number of exotic softwoods and hardwoods, are suitable.
- I looked up and saw that the trees I was standing under were eucalypts, which had released their oily, pungent aroma into the wet air.
- In fact, where the karakas were supposed to be there was a plantation of eucalypts.
- Dr Hughes, from your studies what's likely to happen to Australia's eucalypts?
- He said authorities in the past introduced pioneer species such as acacias and eucalypts that adapted quickly to badly eroded areas on barren land.
- I roll my swag out under the shady trees along the creek; it's a chain of deep waterholes fringed by spiky pandanus and smooth white eucalypts.
- Quick-growing wattles and eucalypts (gum trees) spread through the country for a multitude of uses on farms, mines, and railways and became a mark of habitation.
- Avenues of mallee eucalypts could lead to a big future for Mid West farmers.
- At about 1:30 in the afternoon, wind-fanned flames leapt to the tops of the native eucalypts and imported pines, igniting them.
- That is where you've got grazing land largely, and it appears that the woody vegetation, trees, eucalypts and acacias, native pines and other shrubs, are becoming denser and denser.
- The plethora of uses for eucalypts takes up a fair bit of space, as does a discussion of ways to adapt agriculture to a new, more sustainable way of thinking.
- After an hour, we reached the first hills, dotted with the eucalyptus groves that flank the mountain.
- Standing under a eucalyptus tree, we are looking up at a koala.
- That explains our eucalypts and tea trees, with their large open flowers full of nectar.
- Aromatic scents of eucalypts and heath plants wafted up from the plains.
- They won't come to see rows of monotonous pines and eucalypts.
- Strips of light streamed through forests of eucalyptuses and towering mountain ash.
- Can anyone advise me as to whether or not rhododendrons will grow/thrive under eucalypts?
- No other continent is so dominated by one genus of tree as Australia is by eucalypts.
2also eucalyptus oilbálsamo de eucalipto masculinoeucalipto masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.