In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The annual interest payment of €10.4 million on a €111.6 million Eurobond to finance the village is believed to have forced Bates eventually to sell to Abramovich.
- The members of the Bulgarian Constitutional Court decided Tuesday to turn down the petition by 48 MPs against a law ratifying the agreements on the exchange of Brady bonds for a new issue of Eurobonds, signed by the Bulgarian Government.
- Bulgaria will issue Eurobonds worth 250 million euros within days, the Finance Ministry announced last Friday.
- This will entail a new credit agreement with the IMF and attempts to shift more foreign debt to longer-maturity, lower-interest credit, which will be achieved through the issue of Eurobonds once conditions are right.
- At this stage, the Government will not commit itself to additional expenditures until additional revenues - if any - accrue to the Budget and will not use the savings resulting from the exchange of Brady bonds for new Eurobonds.
- Pakistan last visited the international debt market in 1999, with $623 million in Eurobonds due 2005.
- They include Eurobonds with maturity deadlines in 2007 and 2013, as well as US dollar-denominated bonds, payable in 2015.
- Bulgaria issued Eurobonds with a face value of 835.5 million euro and $513 million.
- Bulgaria is to exchange Brady bonds for new Eurobonds, the Finance Minister announced simultaneously in Sofia and London.
- Icici Bank has informed the Bombay Stock Exchange that the ministry of finance and the Reserve Bank of India have granted it approval for issuing Eurobonds in the international markets to the extent of $300 million.
- According to him, they did not issue Eurobonds though the market conditions were good for doing so.
- He called this the most successful exchange of exit bonds for Eurobonds.
- When the company needed cash in the late 1990s, it issued a Eurobond - long before it was fashionable.
- According to him, no significant dividends are expected from these projects in the near future and the sale of the shares will help raise money to pay back the city's issue of 100 million leva in Eurobonds which mature next year.
- The American banks quickly achieved a massively dominant position in Eurocurrency markets and rivaled European banks in Eurocredit and Eurobonds.
- 1999 was the first time a municipality in Bulgaria issued Eurobonds.
- The negotiations in September will influence the government's intention to issue Eurobonds, but this will also depend on the implementation of the budget and on the balance of payments in the current account, said Velchev.
- Still, foreign lenders can easily look to alternatives like Eurobonds, and therefore they are able to demand a higher interest rate if the U.S. tries to ‘supply’ too much of its debt.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.