1(specimen, sample)ejemplo masculinoan example of her work — una muestra de su trabajo
- he cited the example of Roosevelt — puso a Roosevelt como ejemplo
- he cited the example of penicillin — puso como ejemplo el caso de la penicilina
- Bulgarian history also provided some modern examples of architecture and style.
- If any of you can provide me with examples of this character's cretinhood, I will happily publish them.
- What I love about the best bloggers is how they use specific personal examples to illustrate a point.
- Paramesvara gave several illustrative examples of the method in his commentary on the Aryabhatiya.
- The strap-ends are decorated with animals and are the largest and among the finest examples from the period.
- I'm desperately trying to recall examples to illustrate any of this, and completely failing.
- Its definitions are generally supported by examples of usage taken from the corpus.
- Some illustrative examples will serve to show the behaviour that is required of law schools by this model.
- In spite of his stupidity, or maybe because of it, Goodman is a fine example of a character we love to hate.
- To establish this, Porter probes both the general context and specific examples.
- The scenes and stories of people in Africa provide dramatic examples of extreme poverty.
- Among her examples were bags, picture frames, and wall hangings in a variety of styles and work disciplines.
- As just one of many examples we already provide care for the frail and vulnerable in our society directly into their homes.
- It was intended only as a general example of how language use and acceptability varies.
- Noun gender is an example of a more general phenomenon, that of inflection classes.
- Such detail is characteristic of the fascinating examples and cases explored in this book.
- They provide one of the few examples of true monogamy among the mammals.
- He said that this was an example of a general immunity for acts done in the course of litigation.
- In these two examples, the character becomes a friend and helper to the hero.
- These are only some illustrative examples from myriad stories and they go back several years.
2.1(model)ejemplo masculinoto set sb an example — darle (el) ejemplo a algn
- to set an example for or (British also) to sb — darle (el) ejemplo a algn
- to follow sb's example — seguir el ejemplo de algn
- her courage is an example to us all — su valor es un ejemplo para todos nosotros
- If they can't set an example to their child when they're young then will it really know any better?
- Other writers stressed the need for a samurai to set an example to the lower orders of society by his conduct.
- He then took a serious tone and spoke of the need for leading officials to set an example.
- What a shining example of the younger generation and their respect for the elderly.
- Withington said he had to take a stand on the issue to set an example for his boys.
- It uses sporting figures as examples and role models, giving the children someone to relate to.
- He wished more young people would take a leaf out of his book and follow his example.
- He is also trying to set an example to every group of workers fighting against low pay.
- She spoke of her as a very diligent student, a girl who was a good example for all to follow.
- Finally, yes Muslims believe Muhammad is a perfect example for us to try and imitate.
- The winners of the awards will be those who provide excellent examples of good youth work practice.
- The Gospel offers both good and bad examples with regard to how this ought to be done.
- The most key people in setting an example to the next generation are parents and guardians.
- You are your child's best teacher, so set an example through your own behaviour.
- One of the key recommendations was the use of role models to set an example to younger generations.
- She was, and remains, one of the finest examples of making it big on one's own terms.
- We seek to follow the example of Christ who calls us to love our neighbour as ourselves.
- Maggie Stratton saw first hand how her example could be followed in our county.
- The seniors must set an example to the juniors by their conduct on and off the field.
- It feels it should set an example by reducing the numbers of cars in the city.
2.2(warning)let this be an example to the rest of the class — que esto le sirva de escarmiento al resto de la clase