In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Medicinaextirpación femeninoexcisión femenino formal
- Early excision and grafting have been shown to reduce pain, shorten hospital stay, and accelerate return to normal function in moderate injuries.
- It suffered somewhat from the amount that had to be cut from the book, so how they'll handle the fourth one is anyone's guess, as it'll require twice as much excision.
- Electrical dissociation of the atria from the great veins was carried out by surgical excision of the veins from their insertion sites and then suturing them back.
- She underwent a craniotomy and excision of this tumour.
- All excised tissues were frozen in liquid nitrogen immediately after excision and kept at - 80°C for later analysis.
- Ligation and excision of a small segment of the vas plus fascial interposition is more effective at occluding the vas than is ligation and excision alone.
- Treatment by surgical excision or physical ablation of the excess tissue may improve cosmetic appearance.
- A cancer, in the medicine of the time, could be eliminated only through excision.
- As this procedure avoids a cutaneous incision it was assumed to cause less postoperative pain and a faster recovery than conventional excision.
- The first excision to be made is the pas de trois in Act 1.
- Indeed, many sequences are improved enormously by the careful excision of cinematically uninteresting material.
- According to the Scholander assumption, an excised leaf should suck air into open vessels if it is dehydrated at the time of excision.
- In general, surgical excision is the most effective and preferred treatment for primary skin cancer.
- Wound excision involves removal of dead and contaminated tissue that, if left, would become a medium for infection.
- No pathologic or radiologic features were associated with the finding of invasive carcinoma at excision.
- He had subsequent radical excision of the recurrent nodule, including surrounding abdominal wall, costal cartilages, and ribs.
- Tissue was cryopreserved as soon as possible after surgical excision and stored in liquid nitrogen vapor.
- That would eliminate potential infection and restrict the extent of excision.
- We regard excision of any external component as unnecessary, especially if such excision is likely to be a major factor contributing to postoperative pain.
- Treatment was by surgical excision and urethral reconstruction, which achieved a good result.
2(deletion)eliminación femeninosupresión femenino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.