In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1orificio de salida masculino
- Now roll over, and lets take a look at the exit wound.
- As I started to turn him over to check the exit wound, he started yelling, ‘Stop, Pap, stop!’
- Brad knelt down beside Vincent, looking carefully at the shoulder nearest him, then looking at the back of that shoulder, where the exit wound was.
- He turned her over, looking for an exit wound, but didn't see one.
- If misidentified as an exit wound, it may appear to be inconsistent with a self-inflicted wound.
- A doctor came to examine my back, ‘Where's the exit wound?’
- There's also a scar right here from an operation they did, and there's an entrance and entry wound here on the left side of my ankle, and an exit wound right here.
- Had the corpsman found an exit wound he would have dressed the wound in the same way.
- Devon responded, but gave a startled gasp as her hand accidentally found the exit wound on his shoulder blade.
- The Navy Corpsman dressed my entry wound, but didn't know I had an exit wound, so I was bleeding-out fast.
- Looking at the exit wound on his back, his only comment was, ‘Hmm.’
- She ripped off some fabric from one of the petticoats she wore and gently pressed it on the exit wound.
- There's an exit wound through your shoulder blade and through your lower back.
- By the sound of his scream and the moment his body impacted the ground, the agent guessed that the exit wound was about the size of his fist.
- The 7.62 mm bullet went right through the neck, leaving a huge exit wound in the front.
- I think if you look at the autopsy report and all the other re-reviews, I think it's clear that the neck wound was an exit wound.
- She ran the cloth over my back, gentle around the exit wound on my shoulder.
- Peter is in the hospital as we speak, although I strongly doubt he made it, the bullet should have gone into his chest and caused a large exit wound.
- Bill grabbed at his back, and then looked down at the exit wound the bullet made passing through him.
- The jury heard that Mrs Thompson was shot twice, once in the back with an exit wound at her armpit which did not cause serious damage.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.