In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1rápidoprontoan expeditious settlement of the dispute — una rápida / pronta resolución del conflicto
- Action was taken in an expeditious manner before the public could become sufficiently informed to coalesce any opposition or provide a comprehensive debate.
- Certainly, the case for an expeditious coalition withdrawal gets stronger with every day, and every death.
- What he did is designed to eliminate those delays, to bring this process to a speedy and expeditious conclusion.
- Railway commuters in the State will also benefit from the possible and expeditious improvements in passenger amenities.
- Safeguards regarding national security issues should be considered, but the goal should be the fullest and most expeditious disclosure.
- The introduction of this system will bring transparency and improve efficiency by way of reduced procurement time cycles and expeditious payment to suppliers.
- Our judicial system is not renowned for its speedy and expeditious methods and court cases are often bogged down for years.
- Although the final disposition of findings is still pending, opposition leaders are demanding an expeditious end to the already tarnished inquest.
- Can you promise that there will be a more expeditious response this time?
- This was a national tragedy that was met by a courageous administration with conviction and action that was both expeditious and effective.
- The system enables controllers to implement accurate, safe and expeditious approach plans to increase safety and airport efficiency.
- Such a waiver, he wrote, ‘would be an expeditious end to this controversy.’
- The reason for that inertia is simple: we prefer violence because it is the most expeditious, efficient, effective and easiest solution to most problems, if not all.
- Because of the plane's position it was decided that the most expeditious way to do this was with ladders to the rear door.
- It has a mandate to deal with investigations in an expeditious manner, and should not have to tolerate inappropriate delays and what amounts to reprehensible conduct.
- Our first desire is to settle in a fair and expeditious manner.
- We need assessment processes which are both expeditious and fair.
- What is your candidate going to do to try and mend fences between those fault lines, or conversely, is it more expeditious, politically, to exploit those fault lines?
- We believe that the implementation of the resolution requires a full withdrawal in as expeditious a manner as possible.
- We should gather widely, glean the best ideas, implement them in an expeditious fashion, and not turn down any offer of help.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.