In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1expiación femenino literarioin expiation of his sins — en expiación de sus pecados
- Even supposing that punishment may effectively protect us in the future, we consider that it must be, in the first place, an expiation of the past.
- The attempted assassination was an act both of expiation and of restitution.
- It needed expiation - atonement to remove guilt and the liability of punishment.
- The Fast of Atonement was instituted in expiation of a mortal sin and observed as a day of penance and mourning.
- It's a wraparound justification for a violence whose real end is the expiation of shame through massacre.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.