In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1autopista femenino(urban) vía rápida femenino
- I also noticed the lighter traffic on the expressways into Shanghai centre.
- Traffic volume on the expressway has been growing steadily since it began operations in mid-1997, when average daily traffic was about 64,000 vehicles.
- The expressway now has four lanes, a median strip and CCTV cameras to watch the road.
- I was in the passenger seat of a friend's car a few weeks ago, championing this city's underground expressway like I had designed and built it with my own hands.
- He'll pull his car over in the middle of an expressway, stop traffic, and get out.
- The former grand boulevard had been deserted, considered unsafe, and divided by an above-ground expressway.
- Bad weather over the past weekend affected traffic on the main expressways, leading to more car accidents, officials said.
- It seemed like it took forever to get those highways, those interstates, those major expressways, all the lanes moving in one direction, away from Houston so that people could move at a much faster pace.
- I took the long way home, walking along the entrance to the expressway, and was conveniently informed that when I leave here for London on August 31, it'll only take me 9 minutes to get to the airport.
- They drove on for another 15 minutes or so before she finally exited the expressway.
- Look around and ahead of and behind you when next you are caught in a traffic bottleneck on an expressway and try to account for the snarl rationally.
- This is seen as a major coup for the consortium which has won the mandate to build a controversial expressway between Bangalore and Mysore.
- I drove along a highway followed by an expressway and then took the exit for Kumi.
- This is nothing, compared to running on an expressway at night with traffic barrelling past your shoulder.
- There was a frightening scene today on a major New York City expressway.
- They were exiting the expressway when Manda suddenly spoke up.
- The driver must have gotten onto an expressway or a highway.
- The relationship between light, massive layered form and the surrounding landscape is certainly an image one retains of these buildings viewed from the expressway on the opposite bank.
- "The existing facilities have almost reached saturation point and are under pressure, not to mention traffic jams on the expressways, " it said.
- Well, there's nothing funny about a man driving a truck weighing several tons down an expressway in the wrong direction.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.