In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(warranty/guarantee) extendido(stay/period) prolongado(period/stay) largo(range) extenso(version) ampliado(version) más extensothe extended family — el clan familiar
- extended forecast — pronóstico a largo plazo
2(stretched out)extendidowith arms extended — con los brazos extendidos
- He maintains that the sentence topic stated first in an extended text is frequently at the highest level in the semantic hierarchy.
- Manufacturers are trying to compensate for this with new and extended features for their PCI RAID cards.
- Heparan sulfate is an extended, flexible chain of ~ 1 nm in diameter.
- There are about 70 extended suppliers currently working with Harley.
- I look forward to introducing it to my kids and extended family.
- What kind of material goes in the extended remarks?
- Finally, in connection with finding a suitable extended model, we use the following conditional distributions.
- She describes daily life with her extended family, her experiences at school and her mother's piety.
- As with previous entries to the series, a Jedi has access to an extended arsenal of sorts via The Force.
- Last Sunday, the Chernobyl children staying in the extended area, made Herbertstown their last stop.
- The 23 members of his extended family climbed onto a truck taking onions to market in Peshawar, he said.
- A greatly extended crowd attended the weekly whist on Monday, April 14.
- The first stop was known as the Underground City, an extended set of caves dug into the ground to store food.
- I'll place the rest of the discussion under the extended entry for those who haven't seen the film yet.
- Putting the rod up high on a double extended rod rest I sat on the low chair with wadered feet in the water.
- They and their extended family have no significant relationship with him.
- These relationships expand from the nuclear to the extended family, and then to the clan, the tribe and ultimately the nation.
- They are also finding it harder to produce extended essays as they have become used to being given a lot of help with their work.
- Lyle and Eric Love are also expanding the Tiki Hut to create an extended bar and BBQ area.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.