In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(external)(surface/wall) exterior(calm) exterior(calm) aparente
- Dismantlers are always a good source of interior and exterior trim (though bumpers are often the first thing to go in an accident).
- Rigid foam panels can be used to insulate both interior and exterior walls.
- Sava Haralanov and Mincho Nikiforov's paintings depict the interior and exterior facets of a working family atmosphere.
- If a window leaks water, interior finishes or exterior wall materials can be damaged.
- A gray window pane in the image on the far left defines the boundary between interior and exterior space.
- These are assigned to exterior and interior walls.
- All cracks on both interior and exterior surfaces must be filled.
- Cllr Moore said that a lot of the recently built housing in the town had electrical problems, interior and exterior decoration problems, and rubbish problems.
- Overall, it is packed with interior and exterior features to boost comfort, safety and security, so full marks there, too.
- The ends of the building, without double glass walls, are shaded by an exterior metal mesh.
- Of course, it turned freakishly sunny, pumping the contrast between interior and exterior light too high.
- Stained glass decor is commonly used by architects and interior decorators on exterior windows, wall spaces and entry ways.
- Is there space at the joint between the frame and the interior and exterior walls of the house?
- As you can see from the photo below the walls survive and are covered in ivy, while what would have been the interior is now an exterior park area, a nice and quiet place to sit.
- The exterior metal gates at Hennessy Centre, which houses the Mitsukoshi department store, were halfway down before the march started.
- On offer is a high standard of interior and exterior finish.
- The couple who owns the Colorado house selected moss rock from Wyoming for the exterior and interior walls.
- Floors, walls and ceilings are decorated in both interior and exterior spaces.
- Folded planes and porous, exterior materials like perforated metal are the norm these days.
- Galvanized sheet metal was chosen for the exterior walls and roof because of its economy and durability.
2Cine(shot/scene) de exteriores
- So there is an overall colour-coding characteristic that is certainly true of all the exterior shots of the film.
- Two further weeks were spent on an exterior set, built into the ruins of a castle outside Prague, where the streets of London were constructed.
- All of the exterior scenes were filmed in the middle of the night and I was barefoot.
- From that episode on, no actors are seen in exterior shots, which remained on the show only to establish where the scene took place before they came to a shot of the indoor set.
- It is really the exterior shots and fight sequences which give the film its scope and grandeur.
- According to Liu, the second and third phases of construction will focus on the subsequent stages of film processing and exterior shooting.
- Except for some exterior shots done in Washington, the film was shot entirely at Columbia studios.
- Because so much of the movie is set on one exterior location, the texture of the color is a key character in the film.
- The series shoots interiors at studios in Canada, but allows for exterior sequences to be filmed on location in Los Angeles.
- Filmed in Alberta and Colorado, every exterior shot portrays the mercilessness of winter in the high mountains.
3(for use outside)(paint/plaster) para exteriores
1(of house, object)exterior masculinoto judge from her exterior — a juzgar por su aspecto exterior / su apariencia
- For elbow pads I suggest any elbow pad with a hard plastic exterior if the surface you play on it very rough.
- I also had a warm roll which was suitably soft inside a crusty exterior.
- There was no scope whatsoever for picturesque massing or sculptural effects, making the design of the exterior essentially an exercise in cladding.
- The exquisite interior matches what the exterior promises with its carved arches and high cupolas.
- The exterior of the bacterial membrane was assembled by replication of a single LPS molecule and a single phospholipid molecule.
- Even more than the exterior, its design is almost subdued and definitely refined, more like a luxury car than a truck.
- The building is a simple glass tower with an unusual feature: Its exterior is designed to serve as a screen for a nightly light show.
- Think of heavy metals infused with pigment and sheen like the patina of rich auto exteriors and you've nailed the right color for your next manicure.
- The design of its exterior is leaner and is found to be more agile looking comprising of large wheels that enhances the vehicle's powerful and capable stance.
- Hand cut, creamy inside with the crisp exterior of the genuine twice-fried article; these were a dream.
- They came in a basket, wrapped in a piece of cloth, still warm, made of the lightest dough, with the crispiest exterior coated in the best cinnamon sugar ever.
- As her mother pulled up into the parking lot, Ekat looked out through the window and saw the exterior of the building.
- Keiko took Kakeru, and led him to the door leading to the exterior of the building.
- It will also cover the cost of finishing off the exterior of the building.
- Muddy trainer prints stained the polished floorboards, marring their flawless exterior like blood seeping over a white surface.
- Many data centers and telecom building exteriors and lobbies, for instance, are blast-proof with ballistic glazing up to 30 feet high.
- A long line of cars came into view, chrome exteriors reflecting the surface of the world around them.
- But the appliances have for the most part merely changed their exteriors and veneers without huge leaps into creative realms.
- Brush exterior with surface conditioner and let air dry.
- The bank building has a windowless exterior, with wide glass entrance doors.
- He decorates the exterior with an airbrushed design that Kayla creates.
- The catalytic domain faces the exterior of the plasma membrane and is anchored by a transmembrane-spanning domain.
- Make sure that both the interior and exterior look as close to standard as is possible, as even the smallest modification can alienate potential takers.
- The wood and native stone of the exterior continue inside, helping the house become a part of its rugged ridge-top site.
- Inside the hard exterior of ice floats a memory of intricate Victorian-style furniture made of snow.
- Although the baroque building, which was built in 1907, was recently refurbished inside, the exterior is repeatedly covered in graffiti and overrun with litter.
- Such uncomplicated exteriors reduce the amount of exposed surface area on each house to cut heating, cooling and construction costs.
- The design of the exterior is simple and in some respects traditional but the lines are clean and fresh.
- To emphasize the sculptural, three-dimensional aspect, he started playing with the surface texture of the exterior and the uneven forms of the cow.
- Several facets of the glass exterior reveal crisscrossing structural trusses, and parts of the outside are sheathed in copper.
- The exterior is a protected structure but inside had to be gutted.
- Coming their way is the advanced lightweight coupé, a two-plus-two car with purposeful and seductive exteriors that take Jaguar design firmly into this new century.
- The car industry must continue to improve the way that car exteriors are designed, in order to reduce pedestrian injuries in a car accident.
- The rustic qualities of the exterior disappear inside the house.
- The detailed appearance of the exterior was designed to maintain the precise circular geometry of the plan.
- There are three slightly varied floor plans to choose from, but all of the houses are the same size and have aluminum siding exteriors in yellow, gray, blue, and white.
- In fact, wrapped around all four sides of the exterior is an interactive communication surface.
- Arranging for placement on building exteriors or roofs was either impossible or would have added to the implementation time.
- An end-box on each side of the turret exterior held a prism-type mirror.
2Cineexterior masculinothey shot the exteriors in Spain — filmaron los exteriores en España
- The political situation at that time precluded filming the exteriors on real South-East Asian locations, and the studio jungle looks unconvincing.
- With the weather improving, the exteriors were filmed in the fields around the Buckinghamshire studios.
- And I directed the exteriors and street scenes.
- Griffith made me realize something else: I was wondering how to film the exteriors, i.e. how to insert the characters into the scenery.
- Interiors were shot in Hollywood and exteriors in England with filming wrapping up by mid-July 1964.
3Artevista exterior femeninoexterior masculino(landscape) paisaje masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.