In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Singapore has requested that the two countries must first agree on the list of extraditable crimes, including terrorism-related offenses, for such a treaty to be signed.
- After being held for approximately 2 weeks in immigration detention, the warrants for my arrest in respect of the alleged extraditable offences were issued.
- Only Ireland and Italy stand in the way of adopting 30 extraditable crimes.
- The House of Lords was considering whether a person was ‘accused’ of an extraditable offence within section 1 of the Extradition Act 1989.
- The protocol also demands that corruption should be made an extraditable offence in the quest to link arms with member states.
- He came to the conclusion that offences of this kind might be extraditable if they took place in countries to which the Suppression of Terrorism Act 1978 applies, after the date on which that Act came into force.
- The law lords have already ruled that the crimes are extraditable under both Spanish and British law.
- This requires that an extraditable offence must also be a crime in the UK.
- No enquiries seem to have been made as to whether those offences were extraditable in English law.
- Since I was never required to allow a fellow citizen to die with the dignity she expressly hoped for, I figure whatever I may have done won't be thought extraditable.
- The police will be given extra powers to detain those suspected of extraditable offences.
- Suspicion of homicide, unlike people smuggling, is extraditable in both countries now.
- But the legal proceedings could drag on for years, and since desertion is not an extraditable offense, his clients are safe for some time.
- For example, torture is deemed an extraditable crime under Article 13 of the Inter-American Convention to Prevent and Punish Torture.
- It simply has to demonstrate that its allegations correspond to an extraditable offence.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.