In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1extrajudicialextrajudicial executions — ejecuciones extrajudiciales femenino
- Prisons are never happy places, and places of prolonged, extrajudicial detention and torture seem to retain their edge for a very long time.
- The armies have been accused of misbehavior, extrajudicial executions, forced enlistment, and child soldiering.
- But he stuck by the proposal of extrajudicial shootings.
- The question is was it a mistake or an extrajudicial execution.
- The ruling regime is accused of carrying out extrajudicial executions and forcing dissidents into exile.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.