In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1extrasolarextrasolar planet — planeta extrasolar masculino
- The first definitive extrasolar planet around a main sequence star was announced on 6 October 1995 by Michel Mayor and Didier Queloz; the star was 51 Pegasi.
- By the early twenty-first century, extrasolar planets have been found orbiting almost seventy solar-mass stars in the nearby region of the galaxy.
- The creation interpretation affects our understanding of the origin of our solar system and of extrasolar planets.
- Nevertheless, this unique observing technique opens a new phase in the exploration of exoplanets, or extrasolar planets, say astronomers.
- Based on extrasolar planet discoveries in our own stellar neighborhood, astronomers predicted that seventeen planets should have been discovered.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.