In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sumamenteit's extremely interesting/difficult/important — es interesantísimo/dificilísimo/importantísimo
- I'm extremely sorry — lo siento muchísimo
- they're extremely unlikely to help us — es muy poco probable que nos ayuden
- It is also extremely difficult to get characters on and off the stage dexterously.
- It was the Cold War that made it extremely difficult and dangerous to be a Communist.
- I live with my nan and grandad and it will be extremely difficult for me to pay as we do not have enough money.
- Their togetherness and work ethic make them an extremely difficult side to put down.
- I think some of my staff find it extremely difficult and challenging working for me.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.