In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The designs are unlike traditional Indian art forms and are eye-catching, bold and dramatic.
- The alpine pastures and marshes with an amazing variety of wild flowers were most eye-catching.
- The sheer elegance and eye-catching appeal have ensured the popularity of vinyl boards to traders.
- Four youngsters will be helping to clean up the town with their eye-catching anti-litter posters.
- You'll be nicely surprised as you meander in through the eye-catching valley.
- The effect is dramatic and eye-catching, and helps lead the visitor around the garden.
- The finished works of art were both eye-catching and impressive to all who viewed them.
- His rapid rise through the ranks after an eye-catching performance in the April trials was a rare highlight in a troubled season.
- The artwork is very eye-catching and I hope it will help us to raise awareness, and funds, for Nathan's treatment.
- Some eye-catching costumes were on view in York as fundraisers were out in force selling tickets for a huge charity treasure hunt.
- It was colourful, imaginative and eye-catching and really deserved to be noticed.
- For the landowners, an eye-catching stadium would offer an attractive catalyst for the wider development of the area.
- The eye-catching posters warn passengers that train companies will totally support staff who have been attacked.
- However, it's how the footage is used that is the most eye-catching and stunning effect.
- We have a fantastic eye-catching poster designed by well known artist Jimmy Lawlor.
- It was supposed to be the eye-catching hub of a new centre for Yorkshire businesses, designed to look as if it had been there for centuries.
- You also may have noticed the eye-catching links to the right.
- The students can also display eye-catching posters on tips for conserving electricity.
- It also gets some eye-catching styling details, including a stunning red paint job.
- His eye-catching donations show that Mr Gates has a deep interest in development.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.