In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ceja femeninoeyebrow tweezers — pinzas de cejas femenino
- My antennae can smell, too, thin, blue cords above my silver eyebrows and blue eyelids.
- Yes, I have just had to pop out, only to come back with snow on my eyelashes and furrowed eyebrows.
- The hair of the scalp, eyebrows, and eyelashes are of separate type and develop fairly early in life.
- She had black shoulder-length hair with a heavy fringe, and a round face with bushy eyebrows.
- My right eyebrow has one white hair that grows about four times faster than the rest of my hair.
- He had a chubby face, stubble, dark brown piercing eyes, dark eyebrows and short dark hair.
- People with exophthalmos are able to look upwards without moving their eyebrows.
- Opposite her sat a man, with dark hair and strong dark eyebrows, stubble around his lower face.
- Suddenly a burning pain seared through the centre of her forehead, just above her dark eyebrows.
- He's an ugly man with blond hair and blond eyebrows, thick lips and small hands.
- He had short, straight blond hair and blond eyebrows - which may have been bleached.
- You can test this by taking a small hammer and gently tapping your forehead just above the left eyebrow.
- He had a long dark brown mustache and bushy eyebrows, his dark blue shirt was tattered and torn.
- It is said the Colonel used a little comb to train his eyebrows to grow in a dashing upward curve.
- A vertical line ran down from just above his eyebrow to the bottom of his cheekbone.
- Frontal sinusitis can cause pain above your eyebrows, and your forehead may be tender to touch.
- She needed three stitches above her eyebrow and now thinks glass bottles should be banned.
- He pointed to a scar above his right eye cutting a crooked path through his bushy eyebrow.
- All of her major organs were formed but she had no eyelashes, eyebrows or cartilage in her ears.
- He had a killer bruise along his jaw-line, and a cut above his eyebrow had been stitched.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.