In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Some manufacturers also started producing telescopes with interchangeable eyepieces, giving a choice of fixed focus or zoom and, later, wide-angle.
- The wide angle increases the field of view by roughly 20 percent over a standard eyepiece of the same magnification.
- The eyepiece in the telescope performs the magnification.
- Density of stomata was determined under the microscope using a eyepiece graticule.
- Now the endoscope consists of a series of rod lens and objective lens, eyepiece lens and optical fibres for illumination.
- This was carried out using an eyepiece from a telescope, an optical instrument with a longer pedigree than the microscope.
- Measurements were made using a light microscope equipped with an eyepiece micrometer.
- The pollen diameter was recorded in units with the aid of a micrometer placed in the eyepiece of the microscope and later transformed into millimeters.
- Hamilton was so nervous in her presence that he broke the eyepiece of the telescope whilst trying to give her a demonstration.
- There is a central hole in the main mirror through which the light passes and is brought to a focus by an eyepiece lens.
- Measurements of pollen tube length were recorded directly by an ocular micrometer fitted to the eyepiece of the microscope.
- The horizontal length and vertical length of root elongation were measured under an optical microscope with a micrometer eyepiece.
- Regardless of the implement used, the prosector will perform the best microdissection while looking through the eyepieces of the microscope.
- Measurements of tooth base dimensions were made using digital calipers and/or a measuring eyepiece and dissecting microscope.
- A microscope with a calibrated eyepiece micrometer was used to measure the spheroid diameter.
- This showed a dark-suited gentleman, reclining languidly on a cushioned backrest, gazing through the eyepiece of an immense telescope.
- I should know, for they do resemble out-of-focus star images at high magnification in a telescope eyepiece.
- If the laparoscope has an eyepiece through which the surgeon looks, the eyepiece likely will contact the surgeon.
- Then, going into one of the drawers, he took out an eyepiece fitted with a lens, a locking clamp, and a rock-hammer.
- Shipping case, soft carrying case, eyepiece and objective lens cap, and arctic adapter assembly are authorized ancillary items.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.