In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1testigo ocular femeninotestigo presencial masculino
- The conviction was based on the evidence of eyewitnesses, none of whom saw the knife in the hands of anyone but the appellant.
- One eyewitness described how the man took three shocks from the controversial weapon but said it had little effect.
- There were no arrests and the protest was described by an eyewitness as ‘angry, but peaceful’.
- Several eyewitnesses reported observing the airplane flying over the city prior to the accident.
- The petition referred to eyewitnesses reporting his later detention, harsh interrogation and cruel torture.
- The only eyewitness to that was Brad Townsend who put it at 12.30 am when he saw him at the door.
- I am going to deal with the evidence that you heard of the eyewitnesses.
- Several eyewitnesses testified against Sophonow but there were problems with each one.
- Tom and Gerry were eyewitnesses to the incident and both made statements to the police which they subsequently signed.
- The prosecution produced no eyewitnesses or physical evidence linking them to the crime.
- You cannot have a rule, which is set in stone, that in every case you have to have an eyewitness that corroborates.
- The eyewitness gives a version of events different from that of the complainant.
- Another eyewitness described the dangers immigrants faced at the border fence.
- Getting firsthand accounts from eyewitnesses is paramount to the story, noted Benedict.
- As is usual in cases involving allegations of sexual contact with children, there were no eyewitnesses.
- I make the observation that very rarely is there an eyewitness to offences of this type.
- The brother, whilst intoxicated, was an eyewitness and his evidence was important.
- So there is no doubt in the whole wide world the prosecution must tell you about all eyewitnesses, and they did not.
- Both girls were in attendance and eyewitnesses to the assault and reportedly said so quite clearly.
- Two armed men, described by eyewitnesses as being of African descent, got out and started shooting at the group.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.