In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1factorial six — factorial de seis masculino
- Experimental designs involving factorial combination of multiple independent variables call for some inventiveness when it comes to graphical presentation of data.
- Our trial was of factorial design in order to compare three types of treatment within a single trial, in order to derive the maximum amount of data from the minimum number of patients.
- Around 1926, a British statistician, Ronald Fisher, while working in the field of agriculture, developed a new form of experimentation called two-level factorial design.
- One possible approach to make this search more systematic is the use of factorial design, which involves a set of experiments intended to identify important effects and interactions.
- A 2 x 4 x 12 factorial design was used to assess the effects of light, temperature and month, respectively, on the germination of Spergularia marina seeds.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.