In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cría intensiva femenino
- The mountains of manure that factory farming generates foul our air and water, disrupting ecosystems and sickening rural communities.
- Nor is a return to ‘primitive’ farming practices the only alternative to factory farming and highly intensive agriculture.
- Intensive factory farming has happened because of this demand for cheap food.
- Laboratories using new tissue engineering technology might be able to produce meat that is healthier for consumers and cut down on pollution produced by factory farming, researchers said.
- She says gardening is a good introduction to issues such as factory farming, pesticides and genetically modified food.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.