In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fundido masculinosalida disuelta femenino
- Primitive - and thus charming - special effects include the early use of lap dissolves (the double-exposure of a fade-out over a fade-in) to create magical transformation scenes.
- Also, we see the same post-song fade-outs here, eradicating the applause and appreciation of the crowd after every number.
- The film's first shot, following the old-style Shochiku logo, shows a train traveling from left to right, shot low-angle, ending on a slow fade-out.
- Average sound quality and rapid fade-outs characterise the record.
- This is where Solas should have ended, with a slow fade-out on Mother's image.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.