In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1juego limpio masculino
- Behind it all there was a sense of decency and fair play and an underlying kindness and compassion.
- You stand up for justice, fair play and rights and gain respect and admiration of those around you.
- Rules of fair play in men's college basketball may not be what they appear on the surface.
- This is absurd and stands in contradiction to the universal principle of fair play.
- In the interests of fair play we just need to put you right about a few things before you actually go offending anyone.
- But it is certainly my call to defend good sense and fair play in public life.
- She was a woman of good nature, generosity and with an inherent sense of fair play.
- He had a great sense of justice and fair play and this was so evident on the football field.
- This, Sir David said, will conform to the principles of democracy, openness and fair play.
- He said he was a socialist who believed in justice, fair play and equity and was proud of this.
- Contrary to what we are led to believe, then, chivalry and a sense of fair play is not a purely western trait.
- So I made my way to our meeting ready to hammer them down, but my sense of fair play niggled at me.
- He was a man of honesty and integrity and would give fair play to all sides.
- We need to be concerned about the precedent here, and how it affects the rules of democratic fair play.
- The debate on terror is a serious one and it needs adult contributions and a commitment to fair play and respect from all involved.
- The rules of fair play must be observed by the minister in allocating the entitlements.
- You stand up for professional values, fair play and justice during a controversy.
- His integrity and sense of fair play extend even to his adversaries.
- His sense of fair play was epitomised when, during a match in Italy, he refused to score an easy goal after the goalkeeper was injured.
- Ian's talk will emphasise the importance of honesty and fair play in all aspects of political and social life.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.