1trompa de Falopio femenino
- Damage to the Fallopian tubes can result in reduced fertility and an increased risk of ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy in the tube rather than the womb).
- Fertilisation of the egg by the sperm takes place in one of the two Fallopian tubes.
- Fertilization is accomplished in vitro and fertilized eggs are surgically transferred to the Fallopian tubes approximately 24 hours after the egg retrieval.
- In Germany, Dr. Kurt Senn used a scope called a laparoscope or flank scope inserted below the umbilicus to close off Fallopian tubes in sterilization operations.
- We do know that progesterone is secreted during the menstrual cycle, and it promotes changes in the uterine endometrium and the Fallopian tubes.