In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1correa del ventilador femeninobanda del ventilador femenino México
- One of the important parts of each and every Mazda is the drive belt, or more commonly known as the fan belt.
- We thought it was the drive pulley for the water pump, which meant it would be a bit of a task to fix, and as an engine without a fan belt means no power-steering, no battery charging, no water pumping, etc.
- If the water pump cannot turn, something might be wrong with the fan belt.
- When it gets severe we'd expect it to be accompanied by sporadic squealing of the type you get when a fan belt slips.
- It turned out the fan belt which drives the air conditioner had broken and the vehicle was later replaced.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.