In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cartas de admiradores femeninocartas de fans femenino
- During the last 12 years of her life, Mae West spent mornings answering fan mail and afternoons trying on hats.
- On the other extreme, I also began to receive marriage proposals and correspondence that could be described as fan mail.
- We've also received generous amounts of fan mail so we are getting our fair share of good press.
- The horse even has his own website which attracts electronic fan mail from around the world.
- I am highly entertained by the fact that I get fan mail now, as a result of my blog writing.
- One of the joys of being a public figure is getting fan mail.
- When you get your fan mail, how do you guys decide what you're going to be responding to?
- Which Hollywood star has received the most fan mail?
- I wrote them fan mail when I was a kid and invited them to my house for breakfast when they came through town on tour.
- Well-known for his suave good looks, Khalid soon attracted female fan mail.
- He says most of his neighbours are behind him and he's received a large amount of fan mail from his demographically diverse patrons.
- Archer received 2,000 Christmas cards himself, and bags of fan mail are still delivered to him each week.
- She gets fan mail from abroad as well, and that's something about which she feels really good.
- He is even considerate enough to take time from his day to answer fan mail personally rather than getting a secretary to do it for him.
- At the height of their fame they received almost as much fan mail as the Beatles!
- She gets fan mail from places as diverse as America, Iceland and India.
- Just had my first piece of fan mail from someone who's read my entire blog in one sitting over 6 hours.
- They're going to erase all of the email I've gotten in the past two years, which means probably about 1000 pieces of fan mail alone.
- ‘Darren gets sacks of fan mail from all over,’ said his father.
- Nora's quirky radio talk show launched barely two weeks ago, but already it is attracting fan mail from Alaska to Singapore.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.