In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There seems to be a fanaticism on the part of those who legislate, for how come there is no variation of punishment?
- Still, fanaticism doesn't strike a chord with the majority of the region's Muslims.
- I think religious fanaticism is extremely unhealthy and it seems Mel Gibson is guilty of that.
- They are saying that many of us think that terrorism and religious fanaticism are part of the Islamic way of life.
- The prospects are for more destruction, fanaticism, violence and hatred.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.