In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vivienda del granjero y edificios que la rodean(en Río de la Plata) casco de la estancia masculino
- When planning manure storages, consider all farmstead operations, building locations, and prevailing winds.
- Winding lanes, squeezed together by plump hedgerows, wander along farmsteads, groves of woodland, and villages.
- Noel lives in a restored farmstead on a farm near Dewitt, Michigan.
- At her farmstead, two acres are devoted to the house and yard and 118 acres to active farm production.
- Their farmstead and barnyard areas are immaculately tidy.
- This feature is used to accommodate roadways, farmsteads or other areas where irrigation is unwanted.
- He encouraged rural residents to be alert to signs of production on abandoned farmsteads and to contact local authorities.
- It ploughed through many farmsteads, homes and lands.
- It includes some twenty-seven architectural portraits, mostly of farmsteads, but also of commercial buildings and other structures.
- The barns and milking parlor on the farmstead had been vacant for seven years, so friends helped them clean, test equipment and replace components as needed.
- The farmstead consisted of a set of buildings grouped around a yard: the living dwelling faced the cowshed and the storehouse while the threshing house and steam bath house were set at a further distance.
- Most of these were built of stone, while dwellings and other functional buildings like farmsteads or mills, depending on local materials, were of timber, clay, or brick.
- The contractor built a wall from old fieldstones set aside at the time farmers cleared the land for farmsteads.
- Our grandmother cooked large meals for the men, who slept in a bunkhouse on the farmstead.
- At one time they were raising hogs on three different farmsteads.
- His writings state the abbey founded a large farmstead, or grange, and a water mill 20 miles away near Wharram Percy, south of Malton.
- Heavy infestations of grasshoppers have been reported in field margins and farmsteads, mostly in the eastern third of Nebraska.
- We need to allow a full range of economic activities on our farmsteads and rural properties.
- In Iceland the impact of Viking farmsteads on the land can be dated by analyzing layers of volcanic ash in soils, sediments, and ice caps.
- The site is a Neolithic farmstead with the oldest standing buildings in North-West Europe, but before I worked there it was thought to date from the Iron Age.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.