1(la cerda) parir
- However, when pigs are farrowed in crates and the sow's excrement is passed directly into a pit, the pigs may not receive an adequate supply of iron from this source.
- In 1991, 15.8 pigs were farrowed per sow in the United States, whereas in 2001, 17.6 pigs were farrowed per sow, amounting to an 11% increase in efficiency.
- The hogs are farrowed outdoors or in barns or hoop buildings with bedding.
- They started farrowing hogs when they moved to the rented farm in 1991 and have a traditional farrow-to-finish setup.
- They assume weekly farrowing only in the larger three units, as the 150-sow unit could farrow only six to eight sows weekly.
1camada de cerdos femeninocría de cerdos femenino