In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1also fascia board(above shop)letrero masculino
2(between roof and wall)imposta femenino
- Graham grunted as he stretched hard to reach the fascia boarding at the top of the house.
- The lead was dressed over the top of the fascia boards and, on the inside, it was dressed over the wall plate and the lower part of each rafter.
- Measure 1-inch down from the top of the fascia at both ends and slope the gutters at 1/4 inch every 10 feet toward the downspout in the middle.
- There will be part dry-dashing or re-plastering of front facades, fascias and soffits and new stone front walls.
- The fascia board and clerestory strips were attached.
- The two bogus window fitters persuaded the woman that she needed a new fascia board on her window.
- Homeowners often use hosepipes to rid their walls, soffits and facias of nests and they should be aware it is a criminal offence to damage nests, eggs or chicks in this way.
- To face one end of the bench, they cut short vertical strips with beveled edges from the fascia board; the other end they wrapped with fascia board.
- Roofs and fascias are of standard ribbed metal sheeting.
- We can also overclad existing fascia's and soffits.
- If there's too much roof overhang, pad out the gutter with wood blocks on the fascia; if there's too little, extend the drip edge.
- They have double glazed hardwood windows and black aluminum fascia and PVC soffits.
- The town's Maori heritage remains evident everywhere, from the carved fascia boards of ceremonial marae meeting houses to the war canoes and ubiquitous tiki figures.
- We used beautiful recycled redwood for barge rafters, fascia boards and decking.
- For a more finished look, frame the lattice all around with 1x3 redwood fascia.
- Matching fascias and soffits add to the quality appearance.
- If you click on the link for this photo, have a look for the large building near the top of the hill with the blue fascia around the top.
- The bags contained screws, tape, fascia board and various bits of plastic.
- Those early buildings of the race course still exist too, in red brick, with white fascias and red tile roofs, with long verandas set under luxuriant oak trees and manicured gardens.
3Britanico(dashboard)tablero (de instrumentos) masculinosalpicadero masculino España
- Inside, we find the fabric facia covering and round eyeball vents necessary for the Smart identity, plus an optional, removable bag where you would normally expect to find a glovebox.
- Thankfully, the latest breed of electronic tachographs are much easier to fit into the facias of such vehicles than the older style units were.
- The facia mounted gearlever is a brilliant, if unusual, way of putting a short stick inches from the driver's hands.
- Inside, there are changes to the design of the fascia and controls, as well as new materials and fabrics.
- There are also new designs to the analogue speedometer and tachometer, together with digital clock and outside temperature gauge built into the fascia above the centre console.
- Mounted on the fascia and not the floor, its slickness gives a whole new meaning to the term ease of drive.
- Inside, there are lots of cubbyholes and larger storage areas, and the fascia controls for heating, audio system and security are nice and large.
- But Fiat is the first to offer it in a mass-market hatchback, to remove it from the walnut fascia and poke it into a hole in the traditional matt plastic.
- The steel unibody has fascias made of recyclable TSOP plastic.
- The concept car features aluminium, red leather on the fascia panel and, for the seat cushions, a finely perforated leather.
- Then, in 1994, she returned to the sharp end of the business as production manager when RIMIR changed from producing fascias and trim to airbags and seatbelts.
- So inside we find clean, simple straight lines and circles, a sporty-looking three-dial instrument pack and an interesting grid-pattern finish for the soft-touch fascia.
- The interior has been completely revamped, and the flat dash is replaced by a curved fascia with better switchgear.
- Cloths and trim shades also differ, as do the facia and instrument panel.
- As always with Mercedes-Benz, interior materials are of high quality, the leather seating matching the veneers and fascia materials.
- Primary parts include fascias, rocker panel skirts, crash pads, instrument panels, glove boxes and center consoles.
- A compartment on the fascia panel in place of the ashtray can store cassettes, CDs or a mobile phone.
- There are changes to the interior too, including a new fascia, revised instrumentation and a trip computer.
- The interior changes include revised facia, switches, dashboard and centre console.
- Other innovations have been added to make the vehicle more practical, including a paper holder on the fascia.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.