In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vía rápida femeninobefore noun fast-track executive — ejecutivo que llegará lejos masculino
- For an unknown presenter to be awarded such a plum job signals both that he is on the fast track to success and that the station is in need of a boost.
- It was a revolutionary job, but not exactly on the fast track to anywhere.
- Rachel's voice whispered to him - did that matter if it guaranteed him a fast track to public performance?
- The fast track process should cut the visa wait to as little as 24 hours for foreign reporters wishing to enter China.
- By the time she was born, those days were behind him and he was on the fast track of an army career.
- I think a lot of parents are taken up with this idea that their kids are going to fall behind and that they have to get them on the fast track early.
- George will be quickly put on the fast track programme and foreign deputation will follow in a year.
- The ideal person will be professionally qualified and be able to demonstrate a fast track career history.
- Glasgow-based, and with his name mentioned in all the right places, he appears to be on the fast track to fame.
- Although she is not on the fast track to becoming a millionaire, she is not looking at a poverty-stricken future either.
- The administration says it is open to changes so long as the legislation is put on a fast track.
- She's also currently on the fast track to mastering the Bulgarian language.
- The band is gasping for breath, running in the fast track of the music industry.
- It follows that if parents mess up in any way, there can be no second chance, and their offspring will be on the fast track to a blighted life.
- You can also take the fast track to elite membership by requesting and completing an elite challenge.
- By the time he touched down, his peace mission was on the fast track to failure.
- Federal prosecutors will assess whether any information offered is strong enough to allow an informant on to the fast track.
- We lack the kind of mentorship and connections with people who can help us on the fast track and up the career ladder.
- This is one constitutional amendment that evidently is being put on the fast track.
- Resurfacing, pavement improvement and traffic flow improvement will be done under a fast track programme.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.