In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(death)muerto masculinovíctima mortal femeninothere were no fatalities — no hubo que lamentar víctimas mortales formal
- In contrast, road accident fatalities only occur because of an unexpected event.
- The hill has been the scene of several serious accidents in recent months, including a number of fatalities.
- Apart from the two fatalities, there have been two serious injury accidents and four minor collisions.
- Future fatalities and accidents can be avoided, so when can the improvement work start?
- The death is the latest in a string of workplace fatalities in New Zealand.
- I have been looking at the accident statistics and have found out that many of the fatalities have nothing to do with speed.
- As this natural weather phenomenon becomes more violent, more and more fatalities will occur.
- I can barely think of any main road in our city which is not blighted by accidents and fatalities.
- Speaking of fatalities caused by friendly fire, she said questions are always raised about how they could be avoided.
- In the last five years, however, that average has jumped to 28 avalanche fatalities per year.
- Machinery is still the main cause of serious injuries and fatalities on farms.
- The stretch of road where the accident happened has been the scene of other fatalities over recent years.
- He also notes that in the last 10 years, most avalanche fatalities have involved skiers.
- Conversely, only 5 percent of the fatalities resulted from accidents that occurred at cruising altitudes.
- About three dozen boating fatalities per year involve waterfowl hunters.
- Many fatalities occurred as a result of mudslides in deforested areas.
- Nineteen percent of USA road fatalities occur on low-volume roads.
- Still, I have some issues with the way the book glamourises a way of life and a professional culture that led to so many fatalities.
- His literary instrument hacks deep into the malignancy eating away at our society, but still the tumour continues to grow, feeding on pessimism, fatality and dark, dark satire.
- They address matters of fate, fatality and finality with yet more weight and wit.
- Here-like the other sites-there was a sense of fatality about the redundancies that had occurred.
- Though this promise reeks of fatality and adolescent naïveté, it also seems more than reasonable considering the realm these young women inhabit.
- There's a certain sense of fatality to it and there's no hope for you.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.