In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(tiredness, strain)fatiga femeninocansancio masculinophysical/mental fatigue — cansancio físico/mental
- A 75-year-old man was evaluated for unexplained chronic fatigue, lethargy, and weight loss.
- The risk factors associated with unexplained fatigue were no different from those associated with cognitive symptoms or unexplained musculoskeletal complaints.
- Eventually fatigue overtook my body, and I knew it was time to stop.
- This can cause a person to experience physical fatigue, along with mental fogginess, difficulty in concentrating, and dullness of the mind.
- Even so, the job saps the vitality, and a referee gets mental fatigue as well as physical.
- Other medical conditions can cause extreme fatigue or changes in appetite and sleep.
- Two major causes of premature fatigue during exercise are dehydration and carbohydrate depletion.
- Caffeine prevents mental and physical fatigue by blocking receptors that notify the brain of low energy levels.
- There are different kinds of fatigue associated with cancer therapies.
- Research shows that driver fatigue is a factor in approximately 25 % of all accidents on motorways and trunk roads.
- So often one hears of driver fatigue being the cause of extremely serious accidents.
- Sleepiness and fatigue can affect physical and mental capabilities to perform at safe levels.
- But a critical distinction needs to be drawn between physical and mental fatigue.
- The symptoms of this illness were excessive physical fatigue, inability to concentrate, and an unwillingness to eat or drink.
- You should also be aware of the increased fatigue associated with this transition.
- It is characterised by overwhelming mental and physical fatigue accompanied by a wide range of other symptoms.
- According to research, drivers aged under 30 are most likely to be affected by driver fatigue.
- Her first patient of the day was on thyroid replacement but continued to experience chronic fatigue and lack of energy.
- Throughout the ordeal, Crystal experienced severe fatigue, nausea and weight loss.
- Symptoms of hepatitis include chronic fatigue and liver problems.
1.2(weakness in metal)fatiga femenino
- Nearly complete elimination of inclusions by vacuum melting produces a considerable increase in the transverse fatigue limit.
- Slip bands have been observed at stresses below the fatigue limit of ferrous materials.
- Energy from the magnet is designed to elongate the atoms in the clubface, deterring metal fatigue and strengthening the face.
- It seems that the cause of the stirrup breaking was either metal fatigue or some manufacturing defect.
- That along with corrosion and metal fatigue cased the bridge to fail.
- If inappropriately sized, the fasteners can suffer metal fatigue leading to structural failure.
- But, the pistol is 62 years old, and metal fatigue sets in after a while.
- Metal fatigue is one concern, damage incurred during liftoff is another.
- The children don't know anything about metal fatigue, turbulence, and mid-air collisions.
- Investigators said the fatigue cracks on the planes that crashed were confined to the wing structures.
- However, we're close to the limit in terms of metal fatigue and durability.
- There is evidence of significant metal fatigue damage to the rails in the vicinity
- The procedures for applying these methods of analysis to the determination of the fatigue limit have been well established.
- The fatigue properties of metals are quite structure-sensitive.
- Sunlight provides the necessary heat, and metal fatigue and design imperfections make the tracks more malleable.
- The spar had actually twisted as a result of metal fatigue and failure.
- Engineers have also been looking at the threat of lightning, metal fatigue and noise.
- Unfortunately, metal fatigue kept causing it to crash.
2.1(menial work)faena femeninofajina femenino Río de la Platato be on fatigues — hacer faenas
- before noun fatigue dress
- When they were not performing work fatigues or training, soldiers were instructed during the time spent in the rear areas.
render_form_group(subsense).blank? span.form-groups = render_form_group(subsense)(clothing)ropa de faena femeninouniforme de faena masculinoropa de fajina femenino Río de la Platauniforme de fajina masculino Río de la Plataropa de fatiga femenino Colombiauniforme de fatiga masculino Colombia
- Soldiers in camouflage fatigues and painted faces also carried heavy artillery to provide protective fire power in the event of a genuine security threat.
- And he was wearing old army fatigues and combat boots.
- The figure is wearing military fatigues over a black shirt and a black and white checked scarf wrapped around his head.
- She's become accustomed to the sound of fire engines and the sight of soldiers in fatigues searching vehicles.
- He was wearing his snug army t-shirt, baggy fatigues and combat boots.
- We also used to wear gunnery qualification badges on our fatigues.
- The whole army was dressed in old British army fatigues from World War II, which gave the situation a surreal cinematic air.
- He had on dark combat boots, green fatigues, and had a big black machine gun in his hand.
- After dinner, Roger appeared in military fatigues, complete with hat, sunglasses, jackboots, and swagger stick.
- He turned to see a figure dressed in faded military fatigues.
- The battery-operated doll comes complete with walkie-talkie and a wardrobe choice of military fatigues or bolero jacket and gold trousers.
- He is decked out with the standard dictatorial outfit of military fatigues and large cigar.
- Seated next to me in the lounge was a group of soldiers dressed in battle fatigues.
- Dozens of young troops in military fatigues marched in formation and conducted a series of calisthenic drills and martial-arts exercises at an abandoned dirt lot.
- When they finally parted 10 years later she was dressed in ‘military fatigues and working as an anthropologist on an Aboriginal island’.
- One evening in Cusco, a group of revolutionary militants clad in army fatigues came to the meeting.
- The soldier had changed wardrobe and discarded his old army fatigues for good.
- Some of the soldiers' fatigues were splashed in blood and filth.
- She looked Indian, and had on green camouflage fatigues.
- On the outskirts of town, soldiers in fatigues continued to focus on their search.
1(tire)(person) fatigar(person) cansar
2(weaken)(metal) producir la fatiga de
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.