In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fatwa femeninoto issue a fatwa against sb — emitir / dictar una fatwa contra algn
- His fatwas or rulings are for the most part advisory, and tend to address more abstract issues.
- Its Islamic fundamentalist allies launched a campaign in February against a high court decision outlawing Islamic religious edicts, or fatwas, against women.
- The Association of Muslim Scholars issues fatwas calling Iraqi security forces ‘apostates’ because ‘Iraqis should not be fighting Iraqis under the occupation’.
- Back then, Sunnis obeyed fatwas by clerics to boycott the vote.
- At the same time, 64 Sunni clerics gave a fatwa that for Iraqis to join the military and police is permitted.
- But they should intervene with fatwas or rulings when legislation arises that affects Islamic issues.
- The practice of the Sahaba and the fatwa of all these luminaries is sufficient to establish karahat.
- The first of these fatwas deals with the issue of inter-marriage between Shias and Sunnis.
- He wrote a fatwa on this and gave me the original paper, while keeping a photocopy for his records.
- The proclamation, which took the form of a fatwa, was endorsed by religious leaders throughout the Sultan's dominions.
- In a worst case scenario, Shiite judges could use this paragraph to allow the Grand Ayatollah's fatwas to over-rule secular legislation.
- Anyone opposed to the GlA fatwas, even other Islamist rebels, was considered a heretic.
- As a former academic lawyer, I've been enjoying reading various fatwas and religious rulings over the last few months.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.