In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Derechothe Feds — los agentes del FBI u otro organismo estatal de los EEUU
- When it came time finally to arrest the man, it was in my father's closet that the Feds found him.
- Wherever they go they think the Feds, or the police, or spies are watching them.
- When they accessed their machines back home, the Feds recorded the login info, and later returned to root the boxes.
- If the Feds were going to hunt him for peddling porn, why pay taxes to finance their cause?
- Jim asked to make a phone call, but was told he would have to wait until the Feds had questioned him.
- Why the Feds aren't interested in pursuing more of them is puzzling.
- It would be far, far easier to just shut down the boxes, pull them, and give them to the Feds.
- The Feds today unsealed the charges, which were initially handed down last week by a federal grand jury in New York.
- When a scam involves millions of dollars, then the associations get involved, along with the banks and the Feds.
- Not only can you be sued if you lie in your advertising, but you can also get in trouble with the Feds.
- I didn't follow the case against the man at all or how good a case the Feds made against him.
- The Feds are on their way, and Ralph here is all the protection anybody could ask for.
- Since then the Feds have continued their investigations and most of the money has been recovered.
- Naturally, the box the Feds supplied was rigged with every surveillance gizmo known to man.
- As the new job looms ever closer, it appears that the Feds are finally closing in on him.
2Finanzasthe Fed — Reserva federal estadounidense → Federal Reserve Board
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.