In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of land)plena propiedad femeninopleno dominio masculino
- An estate in property includes a freehold estate (a fee simple or life estate) and a leasehold estate.
- One of the things that happens when you get a fee simple is that you can dispose of a fee simple.
- A person is not entitled to dispose of the fee simple if he needs the consent of others to dispose of it and has not got it.
- This confers a legal interest on the mortgagee and thus may be granted only by a mortgagor who has a legal estate in the land: either the fee simple or a lease.
- We are in furious agreement that it is a full fee simple, but what price would it fetch on the open market and what terms must one attribute to the hypothetical sale?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.