In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1biberón masculinomamadera femenino Cono Sur Perútetero masculino Venezuela Colombia
- The feeding bottle plays the opposite role of breast milk.
- Some had feeding bottles in their mouth, and some were making gurgling noises.
- Goodness knows how my generation managed with two toddlers and a small bag containing spare nappy/panties cream and feeding bottle.
- Bjorn measures milk powder and water into a feeding bottle.
- The code seeks to protect breastfeeding by preventing inappropriate marketing of breast-milk substitutes, feeding bottles, soothers, and complimentary foods when used to replace breast milk.
- Check that the hole in the teat of the baby's feeding bottle is not too small, resulting in his gulping air.
- Diana asked and moments later, a warm feeding bottle full of baby formula was handed to her by Becky.
- Describing the orphanage, the insider added, ‘At the moment it is very basic and simple things like feeding bottles and bedding are lacking.’
- It is a multi-purpose machine used to sterilize babies' feeding bottles, boil eggs, vegetables or milk, make instant soup or even clean jewellery to restore its past glory.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.