In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- All three impulsively committed a felonious act that lead to their incarceration, i.e., attempted murder and kidnapping, attempted murder, and murder.
- Indeed this seems like it might go past a civil liability issue, and into absolutely felonious criminal activity.
- She will stand trial for her felonious enterprise.
- Right now, he has been charged with one count of felonious assault for allegedly firing a nine millimeter pistol into a house where people were.
- The women were each sentenced to 30 years in prison after pleading guilty in 2003 to kidnapping, child endangerment, and felonious assault.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.