In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1rotulador masculinomarcador masculino América Latina
- It was done completely with highlighters, and a black felt tip pen.
- Six years ago he was blinded in one eye when he was stabbed with a felt-tip pen by a fellow patient.
- If it helps to draw on a couple of eyes with a felt tip then go right ahead.
- I need a couple of ball points, a felt tip and a couple of gel roller ones.
- Trace the pattern outlines using wax chalk, a soap sliver, a felt-tip pen or an air-soluble marker that contrasts with the fabric backing.
- A 15-year-old, who lives in central Littleborough, used a felt-tip pen to write on walls at Littleborough Community Primary School.
- Conner found that both the felt-tip pen and marker enabled him to free the mark from any descriptive function.
- Next, using a felt tip or pencil, draw lines parallel to the edges of the tile to be replaced, about one inch in from the edge.
- There are a couple of patches where the paint's gone, but nothing that can't be filled in with touch-up paint, or a blue felt-tip pen.
- I remember the hamster incident but not the felt tip pens.
- My so-called life as a designer means that doodles and dotted lines, boxes and arrows are the atoms of understanding I have to construct in my notebook with a black felt-tip pen.
- Within minutes, Ben had got his felt tip pen out and was happily writing his name on it.
- I actually wrote out betting slips for myself, with a felt-tip pen and post-it notes.
- When she found one she marked it with a felt tip pen.
- There was a moment of odd silence but after that she nodded and she handed the black felt tip over to him moments later.
- The procedure was split into two parts: the first was to mark the ‘targets’ on my body with a felt-tip pen.
- Someone had written my name across it in a black felt tip pen.
- Mark the wall with a felt-tip pen or dark pencil through the circled hole.
- Or you can simply paint them all over with a red felt-tip pen.
- With a felt-tip pen, he drew a line on the block and hammered it a couple of times to make it fit its neighboring ones.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.