In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1imitador de mujeres masculino
- Faced with the threat to his career as a female impersonator, he sinks into depression.
- The play features a number of men performing as female impersonators.
- Why am I able to spot a female impersonator at 50 paces?
- Star struck shop girl Elizabeth pretends to be a boy in order to perform on stage as a female impersonator.
- Can we call an artist a drag queen when she really wants to be called a female impersonator?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.