In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The reaction to that on the part of male and female feminists is to stop thinking.
- It is a festival that feminists would love to strike out completely from the history of a nation.
- The other aspect to note is that it appears the goals of feminists on both sides of the globe are the same.
- If it is the latter, the French feminists who support the ban have a point.
- Melanie points out that today's feminists are still grappling with the questions of the nineteenth century.
- Mainstream media play a dominant role in the negative portrayal of feminists.
- The first protests by feminists were against how the nationalists defined the role of women.
- It is also assumed that the only possible reaction feminists can have to nationalism is rejection.
- The comments drew a mixed reaction from feminists and women writers.
- In more recent years, there has been a softening of the attitudes of feminists towards quantitative research.
- There's a bit of a debate going on in feminist blogging circles about feminists, women and the left.
- She makes the personal into art long before feminists came to call it political.
- The second part of that equation seems to have been abandoned by feminists early on.
- The personal is political all right - but not quite in the way feminists once thought.
- Equality feminists minimize the political significance of the biological attributes of women.
- What are we as British feminists doing to support the right of all women to freedom from violence?
- A feminist is simply someone that supports true equality, and many men are feminists.
- For most feminists, and for the public, feminism had come to mean the vote for women and little more.
- Modern feminists don't want to trade in their femininity for drab power suits and a brief case.
- Of course, feminism and feminists have changed with the times, but the image is still of the seventies.
1feministathe feminist movement — el feminismo
- Feminist scholars have pointed out how many women in scripture go without names.
- She was in a car with a male friend and his new girlfriend, a moderately well-known feminist theorist.
- The process was given a moral purpose by the language of the feminist movement.
- This collection of essays brings together a number of major feminist critics of early modern literature.
- Already, feminist art history has moved on, sceptical of the way that artistic fame depends on biography.
- Many women today, we are assured by feminist commentators, are choosing not to get married.
- Wilkinson does not argue that focus groups or indeed any method can be described as inherently feminist.
- She is currently completing a book chapter on feminist theory and cyberculture.
- She introduced me to a lot of feminist theory that I never really thought about until then.
- Her women are not feminist case studies but microcosms of the complex rules and regulations that govern such states.
- I am still learning about this, so I am not an authority on feminist intellectualism.
- In it, she examined the kinds of arguments heard to support and attack feminist positions.
- His greatest affair was with the mathematician and pioneering feminist Emilie du Chatelet.
- Where can feminist activism lead us to in our quest for a more gender-democratic society?
- Like many contemporary feminist thinkers, Winterson is alive to the power of fairy tales.
- Some write feminist theology, take a stand and publicly speak out, not mincing words.
- A few women gave explicitly feminist reasons for going to university.
- Jones says he was a bit puzzled by feminist critics who took the film to task for being misogynist.
- Something else is going on, as a number of feminist scholars have indicated.
- She was part of the early feminist movement and I had no idea what feminism was.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.