- It's poached skate with fennel or lamb kidney sausage on bacon and onion bread.
- All the family are highly aromatic; fennel, like many others in this family, has an aniseed-like smell.
- Place the star anise, bay leaf, fennel seeds, cinnamon stick and ginger in a mortar.
- Angelica belongs to the Umbellifer family and is of similar habit to dill, fennel, caraway and lovage.
- Add the chopped fennel and parsley and cook for another five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- As is often the case, the flavors of the filling had had time to blend together, and fennel and tuna are a great match.
- Grey mullet is popular in Mediterranean dishes and goes well with rosemary, thyme, garlic and fennel.
- My favourite luxury dish would be a pork cutlet with olives, dates and fennel that I serve in my restaurant.
- I add white wine, some onions and fennel, and then serve it whole on a long dish with mayonnaise, slices of lemon and basmati rice.
- These include soya products, beetroot, parsley, root fennel and yams.
- Grind the fennel, cumin, coriander and cloves before you start to cook.
- Place the orange segments, fennel, red onion and baby rocket leaves in a bowl and toss gently with the dressing.
- The wispy green or bronze foliage of fennel will add a nice contrast to my other potpourri plants.
- Reputed to have aphrodisiac qualities, the plant resembles fennel, and used to be collected for sale at London markets.
- Dill belongs to the parsley family and is closely related to fennel; the two plants are hard to tell apart.
- If using baby fennel, simply trim away any tough outer leaves and slice off the bottom and top of the fronds.