In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fenogreco masculinoalholva femenino
- You can grow them yourself from mung beans, brown lentils, chickpeas, fenugreek seeds or alfalfa seeds.
- Spices such as coriander seeds, cumin, black peppercorns, fenugreek, and chillies are blended with coconut, roasted until quite dark in colour, and then fried giving a toasted nutty taste and lending a dark colour to curries.
- Some of the herbs that have been shown to help with inadequate or slow milk supply are raspberry, nettles, anise, fenugreek and fennel seeds and alfalfa.
- They knew by long practice just how much fenugreek or black mustard seed a dish asked for.
- The spices - turmeric, black pepper, coriander, fenugreek, cumin and cayenne - formed something similar to a basic Madras curry powder, missing only the sweeter spices.
- At some point in the last year, my lovely mother-in-law gave me a kit for growing Indian cooking herbs - fenugreek, coriander and cumin.
- The Nepalese use spices such as cumin, chili, turmeric, fennel, fenugreek, mustard seed, coriander, and the mixed-spice masala.
- Generally, all spices except fenugreek and mustard shortened the food transit time.
- Popularly known as methi, fenugreek seeds are an essential spice of an Indian kitchen.
- Another study presented at the same meeting combined edible oils from fenugreek, cumin, and pumpkin seed as well as oregano oil, and found that the oils may enhance insulin sensitivity and lower blood pressure in diabetic rats.
- Meanwhile, exports of chilli, coriander, turmeric, cumin, fenugreek and fennel have gone up sharply.
- Other common spices used with it in curries are coriander, fenugreek, cumin and chile.
- There is no part of the world that is not home to a variety of spices; cumin, coriander, fennel, fenugreek, nigella, sesame, anise, the list is endless.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.