In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Lead, not being a ferromagnetic material, cannot shield or shunt magnetic fields in this way.
- As these ferromagnetic substances (the guitar strings) move within the magnetic field of the permanent magnet, it causes the flux through the bobbin to change.
- The temperature at which the magnetic ordering in ferromagnetic substances vanishes is known as the Néel temperature.
- In ferromagnetic materials, the atoms' magnetic moments (that is, their spins) are all aligned in the same direction.
- In ferromagnetic materials immersed in a magnetic field, magnetization increases as the temperature drops.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.