In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1decimoquintosee also fifth
- This issue of the journal, the fifteenth in the New Series, contains contributions on an array of topics written by scholars in the United States, Spain, Italy and Australia.
- ‘I think you made that clear sometime between the first and the fifteenth time you said it,’ he told me.
- Yes, tomorrow is the fifteenth, you're quite right.
- How can you judge a scientist from this century against somebody who was working in the fourteenth or fifteenth century?
- They made another appointment for the fifteenth.
- Around the fifteenth would be the best for me,’ she said and dug into her salad, Kat just stared at her.
- The fair, as a harvest festival with distant pagan origins, takes place in the hot mid-September (the fifteenth, as we can work out from Henchard's great oath the next day).
- Graham Barrow's side currently sit fifteenth in the League Two table.
- We lost our fifteenth in Seattle, and I reached a decision.
- Katie said for what felt like the fifteenth time that morning.
- It was his birthday, his fifteenth, but there would be no celebration.
- You get a healthy five episodes, which brings us to the fifteenth out of thirty-nine in the series.
- She knew exactly which key to go to, counting the fifteenth in from the right.
- It was their fifteenth year as a band and, after enduring some lean times commercially, they were now one of the biggest concert acts in the US.
- By the fifteenth hole the crowds had started to form around this new sensation on the course.
- ‘For the play on the fifteenth of December, we need people for the light and sound crew,’ I stated.
- The emergence of colleges such as Winchester and Eton in the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries spearheaded the transition to modern forms of school organization and buildings.
- It's been just under two weeks - today is January the fifteenth.
- This elite had no formal place in the fifteenth century constitutions and was therefore not subject to direct control.
- Of all the major versions of humanism, the Renaissance humanism that developed in Italy during the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries has been the most influential.
1en decimoquinto lugarsee also fifth
2(part)quinceava parte femenino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.